“Roping off” is an RFU requirement. What matches have to be roped off?
- League matches
- Kent Cup-Plate-Shield-Vase and Salver matches
A technical area is an RFU requirement what does this mean?
- An area designated for coaches and players
- Players and coaches are to remain in this area or between half way and the 10m line if no marked area
- No players or coaches can enter the field of play unless invited to do so
Managing roping off and technical areas
- When checking flags and post protectors check to see if there is any roping off and designated technical areas
- If none present remind the club of the requirements
- If no compliance the game goes ahead but report it to Bill Hobba and Alan Crane
Protocol if a club/school do not confirm your game?
- Contact them 2 days before your game
- If the game is cancelled inform David Clent
The Man-off Rule
- You need to replace a front row player
- First time of asking – must provide a suitable replacement
- Second time of asking -must provide a suitable replacement
- Third time of asking – do not have to supply a suitable replacement